About EmpowerKids project
The project ‘’EmpowerKids - Health education and social advice for low-income families with small children’’ addressed social exclusion and inadequate health information and social advice among the children in low-income families in Estonia, Finland and Latvia. We want children to be empowered to make healthy choices in their daily lives. Project was realized from 1 April 2016 until 31 March 2018. During the project, we worked with health care personnel, social workers and teachers in Rakvere, Turku Region and Jurmala.
EmpowerKids project aims:
- To empower children (6 – 12 years of age) to make healthy choices in their daily lives.
- To improve quality of health promotion and social work in participating municipalities.
- To enhance social inclusion of children from vulnerable groups.
During EmpowerKids project:
- We developed, tested and used EmpowerKids Tool – an interview-based game, which facilitates health and social education for children. EmpowerKids Tool was utilized for targeted counselling and design of interventions which address the real needs of our small clients
- We organized trainings for social workers, kindergarten teachers and other professionals to promote the use of attractive and empowering methods for health and social education for children
- We organized healthy workshops and other healthy events for children to promote daily healthy choices in fun and joyful atmosphere.